Deliveries, Freight Elevator, and Loading Dock
All large deliveries of furniture, equipment, or material should be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
Deliveries to and from the Premises shall be made only at the times, in the areas, and through the entrances and exits reasonably designated by Landlord. Tenant shall not make deliveries to or from the Premises in a manner that might interfere with the use by any other tenant of its premises or of the Common Areas, any pedestrian use, or any use, which is inconsistent with good business practice.
Hours and Access
The loading dock area or delivery entrance is located on Second Avenue. Please have all deliveries made through the loading dock. To avoid delays, we have found it helpful to notify vendors of loading dock procedures in advance as follows:
- All deliveries must be scheduled through the Building Management Office at 612 672 3011 or via an Authorized Activity Report
- Freight elevator access available with pre-scheduled request for no-hand carried deliveries.
- Two and four wheel dollies, carts, and conveyors may not be taken in the passenger elevators. Only hand-held packages may be transported in passenger elevators during normal business hours.
- 20-minute limit on loading dock parking with pre-scheduled request, as available.
Tenants requiring the use of four-wheeled carts for their mail deliveries must use the freight elevator.
All major deliveries must be scheduled with the Building Management Office 48 hours in advance. For office move in or out information, please see section 7 for more details.
Policies and Procedures: Dock and Freight Elevator Requirements
The following dock and freight elevator rules must be adhered to by all companies accessing our property. Our staff will ask any company that can't abide by these rules to leave the property.
- The loading dock entrance is located on Second Avenue between Sixth and Seventh Streets. The loading dock has a vehicle height restriction of 13 feet, and a length restriction of a 29-foot wheelbase. There are 10 loading bays available for use.
- The dock is only used for loading and unloading. Please make sure your team understands these spaces can't be used as a place to simply park a vehicle for the day as there are a limited number of parking spaces.
- If you require dock access, it should be scheduled in advance through the Building Management Office. To obtain dock clearance, complete an "Authorized Activity Report" and return it to the Building Management Office 24 hours prior to pre-authorize building access for all deliveries. A blank "Authorized Activity Report" can be obtained electronically by contacting the Building Management Office at 612 672 3011.
- Tenants may provide the Building Management Office a list of vendors who make regular deliveries and they will be authorized to access the loading dock without an "Authorized Activity Report". The delivery driver is required to have a valid driver's license or state ID, which will be checked before they are allowed access to the loading dock. Deliveries without preauthorization will be delayed until authorization is obtained from the Tenant.
- The loading dock facility is secured 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and staffed from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The dock master cannot accept deliveries, but will notify tenants via telephone that there is a delivery.
- Work commencing after hours requires the lead person to check in with our lobby attendants upon arrival and departure of Capella Tower. The company must provide the name of the lead person on the crew and a telephone number.
- Access to the office tower is limited to the freight elevator. THE FREIGHT ELEVATOR IS NEVER RESERVED FOR EXCLUSIVE USE DURING BUSINESS HOURS. It must be shared with other parties as needed. If multiple moves are scheduled, we will work with the different companies involved have a schedule in place allowing everyone to complete their project as quickly as possible.
- You must leave room for others to get on and off the elevator as needed. If multiple parties are using the freight elevator, you cannot take up more than 1/2 of the freight elevator at any given time. In the evenings Monday through Friday you will be sharing the freight elevator with our janitorial crew.
- The freight elevator should never be held for extended periods of time. All items that need to be relocated should be near the freight elevator and ready to be loaded when the elevator is called to your floor.
- Construction and moving companies must place Masonite on the floor from the freight elevator to the tenant space. The Masonite will remain on the floor until the project is complete. Please use masking tape to secure the Masonite and eliminate tripping hazards. In addition, care should be exercised to ensure all walls and corners are protected.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Building Safety Solutions to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.